At Unvarnished, we’ve always gone above and beyond when it comes to protecting our clients. Here are some of the measures we’ve always taken:
- Employees are required to wear masks and gloves for all services.
- All surfaces are disinfected with an EPA-approved solution, in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Metal implements are pre-cleaned, sealed, and sterilized following medical protocols.
- All service items that cannot be sterilized in our M9 Ultraclave (nail files, buffers, and toe separators) are disposed of in covered trash cans.
- Employees wash their hands thoroughly after removing their gloves between each appointment.
You can learn more about our routine safety protocols here.
Now, when it’s more important than ever, we’re continuing our tradition of far exceeding regulatory requirements.
Here are the additional steps we’re taking to keep our community safe during COVID-19.
- Appointments only. At this time, we cannot welcome walk-ins.
- Work stations are spaced at least 6 feet apart.
- Anyone who wishes to enter the building must be wearing a mask. No exceptions to this policy will be made as an overwhelming majority of our clients are immunocompromised in some way. This is not a political position but a practical one. We will not entertaining any debates on the topic. Thank you for your understanding.
- No more than two customers and two professionals (four people total) will be permitted in the building simultaneously. Please wait in your car or out in the fresh air until you are retrieved for your service. The door will be locked until our disinfection protocol has been completed.
- Full building air replacement will occur between appointments. While we disinfect the facility, we’ll be running our industrial-grade air filtration unit, which ventilates the air from the building within 2-3 minutes. (Unfortunately, this also means it ventilates the air conditioning—but don’t worry, it cools down quick once we turn the vent off!) We are one of few facilities in Venice that has proper ventilation installed per Florida’s IMC code.
We understand our profound responsibility to our customers. Should one of our employees test positive, here is what you can expect from us:
- All clients who have visited the facility within the prior two weeks will be contacted immediately.
- All future appointments will be canceled as we disinfect the facility, self-isolate, and await test results for the remaining employees.